2018 Postdoctoral Conference Travel has been awarded.
The Postdoctoral Conference Travel Fund provides conference travel opportunities to postdocs in biological or biomedical science in the Division of Physical and Biological Sciences. This year, we will be able to make one or more awards totaling $1,100.
- Past and continuing evidence of research accomplishments
- Ability for the award to substantially improve your career prospects
- Financial need
The award selections will be made by the UCSC STEM Postdocs Association.
To apply, please submit the following materials through our online portal, linked below:
- The linked cover sheet, filled out.
- A proposal that briefly describes (1) the conference you wish to attend, (2) any opportunity you would have to present at the conference and a brief statement of the work you would present, and (3) a budget for the use of the funds. The description should explain any other sources of funding that have, will, or may be used to support your travel to this conference. The description and budget should not exceed two pages of single-spaced, 12-point text with one-inch margins.
- A CV that includes the following sections: academic history; awards, grants, and honors; public talks; publications; teaching experiences; and public service activities.
- A letter of recommendation from your faculty advisor.
Items 1-3 should be submitted as a single PDF attachment with the header “[applicant’s last name]-postdoc-travel-application” (e.g., Castillo-postdoc-travel-application.pdf). Item 4 should be sent directly from the advisor with the header “[applicant’s last name]-postdoc-travel-reference.pdf.”
Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration. You must be in a PBSci Department to be eligible!!!
Applications will be evaluated continuously after the beginning of a call for overall merit until the award fund is depleted. The 2018 call has closed, the 2019 will open in the fall. If you are interested in applying outside the call, please inquire with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity is made possible by a fund generously endowed by Irina and Boris Auerbuch.
Postdocs: Apply here
Cover sheet: Download here
Faculty Advisors: Submit recommendation here
Please note that you will be required to sign in to google with UCSC ID to access either of the forms.
Email any other questions to email@example.com
Looking for other travel support mechanisms? See this database maintained by eLife.