Postdoctoral Conference Travel Fund
Application closed for 2017. Thank you and check back next year!
Applications due by Sep 18th (Mon)
The Postdoctoral Conference Travel Fund provides conference travel opportunities to postdocs in the biological or biomedical sciences in the Division of Physical and Biological Sciences. This year, we will be able to make one or more awards totaling $1,000.
- Past and continuing evidence of research accomplishments
- Ability for the award to substantially improve your career prospects
- Financial need
The award selections will be made by the UCSC STEM Postdocs Association.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Click the link below and fill out the google form.
- A proposal that briefly describes (1) the conference you wish to attend, (2) any opportunity you would have to present at the conference and a brief statement of the work you would present, and (3) a budget for the use of the funds. The description should explain any other sources of funding that have, will, or may be used to support your travel to this conference. The description and budget should not exceed two pages of single-spaced, 12-point text with one-inch margins.
- A CV that includes the following sections: academic history; awards, grants, and honors; public talks; publications; teaching experiences; and public service activities.
- A letter of recommendation from your faculty advisor.
Items 2-3 should be submitted as a single PDF attachment with the header “[applicant’s last name]-postdoc-travel-application” (e.g., Castillo-postdoc-travel-application.pdf) and uploaded at the end of the google form. The advisor of the applicant should upload item 4 by clicking the “Faculty Advisors” link below with the header “[applicant’s last name]-postdoc-travel-reference.”
Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
All materials must be submitted by the links below no later than 6PM on Sep 18th. Award decisions will be announced no later than Oct 9th.
If you have any questions, please contact Xuejing Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This opportunity is made possible by a fund generously endowed by Irina and Boris Auerbuch.
Postdocs: Apply here
Faculty Advisors: Submit recommendation here
Please note that you will be required to sign in to google with UCSC ID to access either of the forms.