3rd Annual Postdoc Symposium
March 1st (Thu) 2018
Seymoure Marine Discovery Center, 100 McAllister Way, Santa Cruz
Dr. Brown is the founder and CEO of Impossible Foods Inc., a company working to transform the global food system by increasing sustainability and inventing better ways to make foods without compromise. Dr. Brown was one of the leaders of the Public Library of Science (PLOS) initiative to make published scientific research open access and freely available to researchers in the scientific community. He is a professor emeritus in the Department of Biochemistry at Stanford University where he invented the DNA microarray and an alumnus investigator of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. He is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, the Institute of Medicine, and a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Dr. Yamamoto is a leader in science policy and has been an advocate of trainees and early-career investigators throughout his career as a leading research scientist. As Vice Chancellor of Research at UCSF he leads efforts to anticipate the needs of an increasingly dynamic biomedical research endeavor and influences and shapes science policy at the state and national levels. He chairs the Coalition for the Life Sciences and sits on both the National Academy of Medicine Executive Committee and the National Academy of Sciences Division of Earth and Life Studies Advisory Committee. He is an elected member of the National Academy of Sciences, National Academy of Medicine, American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and American Academy of Microbiology, and is a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Also features postdoc and trainee talks and posters!
8:45-9:30 Breakfast and Registration [SPONSOR INFO + LOGO]
Morning Session 9:45-12:15
9:45-10:00 Opening Remarks
10:00-10:50 Keynote 1: TBD
11:00-11:20 Selected Postdoc Talks (2 speakers, 10 min each)
11:20-11:35 Break + Refreshments [SPONSOR INFO + LOGO]
11:35-12:15 Selected Postdoc Talks (4 speakers, 10 min each)
12:20-1:10 Lunch + “Sneak Peak” Posters [SPONSOR INFO + LOGO]
Afternoon Session 1:15-3:15
1:15-2:05 Keynote 2: Pat Brown, Impossible Foods
2:10-2:30 Selected Postdoc Talks (2 speakers, 10 min each)
2:30-3:30 Poster Session and Refreshments [SPONSOR INFO + LOGO]
Evening Session 3:15-6:00
3:35-4:25 Keynote 3: Keith Yamamoto, UCSF
4:25-4:55 Selected Postdoc Talks (3 speakers, 10 min each)
4:55-5:00 Closing Remarks
5:00-6:00 Poster Session and Refreshments [SPONSOR INFO + LOGO]
Registration coming soon!
Support UCSC postdocs and trainees – become a sponsor!
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sponsor lunch or breakfast or keynote speaker travel [prominent mention of sponsorship for these specific items by session chairs].
- Logo/branding images displayed before and after each break.
- Table for representatives at all breaks.
- Poster with info of your company information during poster sessions.
- Contact info for all attendees [faculty, postdocs, students and lab managers] who opt-in to share information.
- Gold and Silver privileges as well.
- Sponsor refreshments during breaks or poster session [prominent mention of sponsorship for these specific items by session chairs].
- Choice of poster or table during breaks/poster session.
- Larger logo/branding on conference program.
- Silver privileges as well.
- Attendance for 2 representatives.
- Option to sponsor poster and talk awards with “presented by” mention.
- Logo on conference program and website.
- Logo displayed at closing remarks.